Interrelate provides free, independent, and confidential counselling services to support people who are affected by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.

Who is eligible for support?

Support is available to people with disabilities, their families, friends, support workers and carers.

Do I have to make a submission ? 

No. But a counsellor can help you to decide if you want to make a submission. 

What support is available?

Face to face, on the phone or online.
Counselling is person-centred, trauma-informed and accessible. It is safe and confidential.

What is counselling?


What else can you help me with?

We can refer you to other services for legal support, advocates, financial support, psychological care providers, housing, health, mental health and aged care.

We can also help you to access interpretation or cultural translation services.

How do I access the support?

Call to make an appointment to speak to a counsellor on 1300 473 528, Monday – Friday from 9-5pm AEDT.  

If you urgently need to speak to a counsellor on weekends or public holidays, call 1800 421 468. 

Where can I get more information?

Our counselling support services by the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services.

To learn more about the Department of Social Services’ Disability and Carers Support Services, please visit:

The First People's Disability Network Australia (FPDN) is a national organisation for Australia’s First Peoples with Disability, their families and their communities. To access their resources, please visit:

The National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA) provide access to information in the Disability Royal Commission in 12 community languages. To access this support, please visit:

To learn more about Disability-specific Advocacy organisations, please visit the Disability Advocacy Network Australia (DANA):